Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Get off Your Duff and Start Self-publishing!

Some people wonder if there is a need for another blog on self-publishing.  You might ask "What expertise do you add to this subject?"  

My answer- nothing.  That's right. nada.

My hope is that I become an encouragement to other new self-publishers.  You've got to learn by doing.  I'm going to put into practice what I learn and jump in.  Blind.  And you're going to hear about it.

You'll learn my mistakes, my troubles and my triumphs.

Hopefully, there will be others out there who will see this and decide that they too can put away their fears.  Fear is the great killer of human achievement.  To quote a crazy man (10 points if you can guess who), "Fear is the dark room where the Devil develops his negatives."  I have no idea what it means, except that fear sucks.

 Screw fear.  Get out there with reckless abandon and start publishing blind too.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Stuart. I am a writer with the privilege of working with a self-publishing company, FriesenPress and I am learning much about self-publishing and authorship. The authors who are storming it are running through their fears. The ones who are stalling are letting their fears run 'em down, and it is affecting writing too!

    "I am convinced that fear is at the root of most bad writing."- Stephen King

    Take the risks and do the research. There are lots of self publishing companies out there and unfortunately not all of them have the best practices. I would be happy to answer questions if people want to reach me.

    F.E.A.R - Feeling Excited And Ready!

    best of luck to you Stuart.


    Matthew

    http://blog.friesenpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew Thanks for your comments. I'll make sure to check out blog.friesenpress.com.

    ReplyDelete